Sunday, February 15, 2015

The Last Week In Toyota? Maybe?

Good afternoon everyone,

元気?  Okay so it was another long week and I don`t really know where to begin.  First off: Happy Birthday to my absolutely wonderful Mother!! Last Tuesday we were housing and I found my first investigator alone!  It was super sketchy.  I was talking to the guy through his keko box (a door bell with a microphone) and he didn`t tell me to go away as I was talking and I asked if we could come back and he paused for 10 seconds and said yes.  I don`t even know his name.  Yeah, I`m not super proud, but a gospel principle not and next appointment is a new investigator.

This week I also got to do exchanges with one of the Zone Leaders, Elder Yamamoto, who is a super cool guy.  He is from a city north of Tokyo and he has an identical twin in the Fukuoka mission.  I got to practice using a lot of Japanese with him and it was super helpful because he studied English for a year in Provo (at a language institute: not BYU :) ) so if i didn`t know a word in Japanese he could help me out.  We went and visited Morimura together which was a really good experience.  I have been learning and practicing how to translate this week which has really helped my Japanese grammar and vocab and really helped when working with Yamamoto.

We had a really good lesson with a church members daughter who is Chinese.  She speaks excellent Japanese and she can read it too.  She accepted our invitations to pray and read the Book of Mormon and got a nest appointment for this Saturday.  We are super excited and hopeful.

This Saturday is transfer calls.  We have no idea what will happen here in Toyota.  So many things are up in the air right now.  May the odds be ever in my favor.  We also have a mission conference this Friday so I`ll get to reunite with all my friends in the mission.  

I hope you all have a great week.  Thank you ever so much for all your love and support.

スピードと天使

堅城長老
 
Pic- Puppy!

No comments:

Post a Comment