Monday, February 23, 2015

You Have Been Called to Serve...

Good Afternoon Ladies and Germs,

So I bet you are all wondering what happened to me during transfer calls, but first I just want to publicly congratulate my little bro on his mission call to Argentina!!  I know that it`s not Japanese speaking, but we can forgive him I guess.  I definitely did not call Spanish speaking, that`s for sure.

Back to transfer calls; I am staying in Toyota, but Elder Butters is going back to his Bean-chan area in Fujieda just as he requested.  I have become Senpai (Senior Companion) at Transfer 4 which is pretty rare from what I hear.  It should help my Japanese since I will be leading lessons now.  My new companion is Australian and I will be killing him here, so that means I am almost guaranteed to be here for 2 more transfers.  I feel like my mission call has changed to the Japan Toyota Mission.  

The big event for us this week was Elder Ballard of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles came and did a special mission conference on Friday.  He spoke with Bishop Stevenson of the Presiding Bishopric (prior Nagoya Mission President) and Elder Razband of the Quorum of the Seventy.  It was super good and I got to see all of my friends from all across the mission.  I had the opportunity to listen to Elder Ballard speak three times this weekend at two different stake conferences.  

This week was also super good for our missionary work.  Despite being the last week of the transfer, Elder Butters and I got the best stats of the transfer this week.  We taught our Chinese investigator, Rei, the Restoration and she came to Elder Ballard`s stake conference yesterday.  She said she didn`t understand all of the translator`s Japanese so it looks like we will be trying to do a lot of follow up with her.  She is such a good investigator.

Sweet well that`s a wrap for the week and the transfer.  I am really going to miss Elder Butters.  This transfer has been so awesome and we worked so well together.  I am hoping I can be successful as a Senpai this next transfer.  

Thank you for all your love and support.  Take care out in the big world all of you.

スピードと天使
堅城長老
 
Pic- There were these cool animals...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment