Sunday, March 1, 2015

Who Put Me In Charge?

Good Afternoon Sports Fans,

So I just finished my first week as Senpai.  It was a long week, but really good things happened.  I don`t know if I properly introduced my new companion.  His name is Elder Tramacchi and he is from Brisbane, Australia.  He is on his last transfer here in Toyota.  

We had a good first week together and found three new investigators through housing.  One of them is a Peruvian who was born in Japan and has better Japanese than Spanish and we gave him a Book of Mormon and set up a next appointment and then he asked us if his sister could join in on the lesson and of course we told him that would be alright.  It should be a good lesson.  I personally don`t really like housing, but lately it`s been the best thing for our finding in Toyota.  

The event that happened this week where I felt the most successful was we got a less active to come to church!  She is a super nice Filipino lady who married a Japanese guy (who`s a dead beat).  She had a baby back in November so getting to church with the baby alone has been hard. Butters and I visited her twice last transfer and started building a good relationship with her.  Tramacchi and I went on Saturday and invited her to come back to church.  Then on Sunday, she came!  It was almost as exciting as getting an investigator to church.

This week has felt like it has lasted a long time.  Being a Senpai is super challenging.  I got to worry about all the planning, leading lessons, phone calls, and reporting to the District Leader.  I have been waking up an hour early to get an extra hour of language study in so can improve my abilities.  This is a good challenge because it is getting me completely zoned in on the work.  I am certain I will see miracles this transfer with Elder Tramacchi.

I hope everyone is doing well.  Thank you for all the e-mails and support.

スピードと天使

堅城長老
 
Pictures:
Pic 1- Saying bye to Butters in Maori style.
Pic 2- Look Mom I can cook!
Pic 3- My city at night.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment